Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Windows

I get to see windows.
Women reaching out to hang clothes and reags on a clothes line.
I woke up this morning and saw a man in the hallway. He talked to me in Armenian, I answered in Russian, he walked away. I didn't know who he was.
I arrived last night six hours ago and still awake now. Nobody seems to be up.
Vienna was amazing, so was my Argentenian companian I went with. To see Gustav Klimt's work in the raw put me to my knees. Seeing the texture made me thank G-d for letting him be alive. The journey went over pretty well. I threw up in D.C. and wanted to throw up when I arived here.
We'll see how much I stick to Russian, how interactive I will be with men. My head is starting to hurt again from no sleep or something else.
It smells of a mild burning. There are things in the air (like the bees right next to me for instance) and defenitly sounds of shoveling metals, hammering, sweeping. I am hearing life on this wire car seat outside.

I get to see windows. People's lives, people's houses in front of my eyes.

There house is bigger then mine, vaulted cielings and a stairway. But concrete is its walls and you see it on top where it meets the ceilings.

I wonder if rich people here help out the poor... I hear birds and locked myself out. This is my first morning. Please forgive me for the randomness. I can only hope for my brain to unravel in clarity. Although, that is asking for it.

3 comments:

Jeri said...

Wow! This blog is a great way to get a glimpse into your life there. Sounds like another world. Keep writing!
Jeri

Unknown said...

wicky wicky, darling, i promptly lost the paper i wrote your blog adress on, and have finally found it. i'm at holden, nothing burned, in fact, the village is officially open for guests again. i'm tired. i work a lot here, and it has been a long, busy week. i've been here all of two weeks, and kitchen things are beginning to feel sorted out. i hiked to hart and holden lakes, and want to do copper basin this weekend. it is cold though, so i'm pussyfooting around the idea of camping. i skipped vespers last night to sit in the jacuzzi, and missed you. the mountains were luminous and the small clouds were backlit by faint moonlight. it was lovely to sit with my sore feet in the hot water. i'm living in chalet 1 with other young-and-singles. i caught two mice in my room yesterday. ahh, holden. land of bliss and rodents.
love
mary

family said...

Hi Vicky!
We are glad that you are safe and already in Yerevan. It takes time to ajust to a new enviroment. Eventually, everything will fall in place the way you want. You will find a true family setting with warmth and care.
Love, family



Furnace