Sunday, November 4, 2007

Winter is coming soon

Dear Everyone, In front of me right now is Sis and Masis= Mt. Ararat. I am sittin gin a place called Cascade. A cascade of steps that over look the city and faces Mt. Ararat. It's a place where sweet hearts go to feel eachother amongst the flowers-- it is grougous. It is here from where I am writing you now. The wind is blowing a little, but so is the sun. A nice change from the growing cold days. Winter is coming soon. People do what they can to prepare. But for many, there is nothing they can do. It is the season of mastering all human potential for survival. The hope is just to be alive in the end. Last week, thwn I was visiting with families. I asked one father, is it possible to get used to the cold, to adapt to it? He said yes. But the many other families i visited said no. It is not possible to get used to the cold. It's a bitter chill that starts from the inside of the bones and extends outwards out of the mouth. No matter how many blankets a family may own, the children and parents grow deathly ill from the damp, frigid, dark winter. Inside their houses was colder then outside. If they had a stove to heat the house, wood is rarely found for the winter.

5 comments:

mjo said...

This time I am sending you more big ol' bear hugs...only these are special in that they produce heat. Really, sit back close your eyes and feel the toasty-ness. You are amazing and Armenia is blessed to have you as a friend. Rock on sister!
xo,
Matt (AKA Tara's dude, AKA Nissa's Dad) ;)

PS. Sorry for not posting sooner. I was lame and posted late again on an earlier post. The one where you met your family.

J. Arthur Blyth said...

Stay warm both in your body and your heart. Sometimes the heart part is more difficult.
For the body: well sealed hot water bottle at night.
For the heart: talk to animals.

Anna said...

Hey Viktoria - I don't quite know how I found your blog, but I did! This is Anna from Seattle. Sounds like you've got some crazy adventures going on! It's so fun to read about what you're up to. As for me, I moved to India so that's been fun. Anyway, hope you're well and maybe I'll get my act together and send you a real email someday. :)

Anonymous said...

vika -- why doesn't your email accept emails? also. happy birthday!

love.
masha.

andyroo said...

Hello Dear Friend,
I have been tuning in to your adventures from time to time, and I am so proud of you, Schmiktoria. Seems like you're taking your world by the horns. Such a caring soul...I do hope that you're able to find the nurturing that you need for you out there.
Last time I saw you was outside a pizza joint in Greenwood. I was a few days away from moving to Walla Walla. We've made it through the first season with more success than we'd hoped. The interest in what we're offering from the farm far outweighs what we can produce at this point. A nice place to be.
Check out www.welcometablefarm.com to get a little glimpse of what we're doing.
Lots to tell, Vik.
I'd love to chat at length some time soon. Until then, know that you're in my thoughts, friend.

Much Love,
and Warm Thoughts,
Andy Roo



Furnace