Sunday, November 4, 2007

I remembered the sound of her laughter

Its been weeks already that the people I work with have been telling me that the land on which poeople live has been sold. I didn't really get it until 2 days ago when I saw a large four wall building be constructed. It's entrance held a large, elaborate decorated gate. I followed the social worker as she entered into the four walls. Inside was the earth-- ground, rock, open skies and a tiny little shack. Rich men bouth the land without telling the family. Now the family has two months to pick up and leave. The problem is the government does not get i nvolved with their citizens. The family litterally does not have a place to go. As I entered the shack I see 2 beautiful children sitting on a couch. I recognize the little girl from the say before from when one of the boys swung her around in a circle. She did it over and over again a still did not get dizzy. As I said hi to her , I remembered the sound of her laughter. This very same girl will be homeless in an Armenian winter in 2 mo nths. The problem is that this not just happening to this family. This is happening to thousands of families all across Armenia.

No comments:



Furnace